Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Check it Out: Goody's Corner Eatery


Loyal readers, in my search for the best meals in DC, sometimes it possible for me make a mistake. Overlooking a place in favor of extolling the virtues of another. But in the name of quality, and all things delicious, I am not too proud to admit it; in fact with this post I plan on doing just that. A month or two back, I reviewed the restaurant Alberto’s, even going so far as to declare it my favorite pizza in the district. Well friends, while Alberto's still serves up a mean slice, I would be remiss not to tell you that I have found a new favorite in the form of Goody's Corner Eatery.

Located literally right next door to Alberto’s, Goody's is a recent upstart on P Street. In fact I wandered in a number of weeks ago searching for a sandwich and was disappointed to learn that they only serve pizza. After a less than satisfactory experience at Alberto’s however, I had promised myself that the next time I craved pizza Goody's would be my destination.


I held true to my word, and as pizza cravings are certainly not an infrequent affliction of mine, it was this past weekend that I first experienced the goodness that is Goody's. While the pizza was amazing, Ill get back to that, because people were mores. Angelina, the woman behind the establishment greets you the moment you enter with a smile and a warm personality that makes you feel as if you had instead walked into the kitchen of your favorite aunt. She is one of the most wonderful people I have met in all my experiences with DC restaurants, but not only is she is friendly, she's serious about her pizza too. This 30 year kitchen veteran loves her customers and pulls out all the stops to make sure they walk away happy.


And walk away happy you will. The pizza is amazingly fresh (hand-tossed and made with top-notch ingredients) and the portions are more than generous. A quarter of a pizza will run you no more than $5. It is light and cheesy with a delicious crust, and unlike at Alberto’s next door, you can sit and enjoy it in-house.

Pizza is best when it is made with love, and at Goody's that is the main ingredient. Next time you find yourself in Dupont, take a chance on Goody's and their wonderful pizza, you won't find disappointment anywhere on the menu.

P.S. Tell Angelina I sent you.

No comments: